What travelers are saying
- Great place for a drink
Jupiler very good
Roni made us very welcome
Really enjoyed the eveningWritten August 12, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lovely gay bar. I didn't realise it was a gay bar until we entered. Then it became obvious but everyone friendly and welcoming.Written April 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Located in the city centre, this basic but clean and practical sauna is functional and well managed. Pity the spaces are not well-balanced : micro-bar, micro-jacuzzi and narrow corridors in the locker rooms. But that's old Brussels : you do with with your assets... just like in any gay venue !Written November 3, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Even with a huge international crowd with customers elbow to elbow, bartenders still used glassware and took the time to make the occasional special request. Hands down, a must go place. Not to mention the amount of eye candy and flirting. If I lived in Brussels, this would be my Cheers bar. Excellent.Written October 3, 2023
- I am afraid to say that the sauna is rapidly losing its character and crowds are dwindling.
If the owner is reading this listen to the customers to increase the footfall and make yourself more money I suggest the following
Reinstate the cheap days Tuesday Fridays
Reintroduce the buffet for the Bears Day 1st Friday/3rd Saturday and Tuesdays
Lover Drinks Prices by 20%Written May 2, 2017
- Visited the place with some friends yesterday and the man working there, Rafael, was such a lovely man. We were welcomed in and I, personally, felt incredibly safe the entire time :).
10/10, would recommend.
(drinks were strong as well).Written March 15, 2022
- This place is a gem of a find. A few steps away from the Grand Place and you will come to the bar on the corner. Nick the owner is an amazing guy and will make you feel welcome instantly. We visited the bar every night and sometimes in the afternoon. We found it much more friendly than all the bars up in Rainbow Village. You simply have to search this bar out if you are looking for a friendly informal drink with unpretentious people. Pop in and say hi to Nick and you’ll have a new friend and good beer. Just don’t go next door as they ripped us off with two G&T at €50. I think the bar was GGG.Written September 8, 2019
- just go there and all handsome and sexy grandpas waiting for you!! For me it's the second best sauna in Belgium after Oasis Sauna!Written December 19, 2015
- New parties in Brussels with very good DJ line-up from Europe (and residents).
Very friendly atmosphere, all electronic music lovers are welcome.
A must see when partying in Brussels!Written July 25, 2019
- Yesterday on 3-11-2023 at around 2 AM I had a horrible terrible experience in stammbar, I never felt this unsafe and threatened in Belgium as a gay man and in a gay place from gay workers.
A worker approached me and he said he wanted to talk to me so I followed him, we spoke in Arabic, He is an Iraqi man with a beard, he started accusing me that I wrote a bad review on stammbar a few months ago, I told him I do not know what you are talking about, i said show me but he said he can not find it. Then I told him let us talk outside, so we went outside and he kept accusing me and i said that is not me but he kept insisting that it is me without any prove, he said you have the same first name and this is when I realized that there is something wrong with this guy. He said that I should leave and never come back, I told him I am not leaving based on false accusations that are not based on prove, He kept harassing me inside and shouting at me to leave and then he sent the guy on the entrance who is in charge for the Jackets and also he started shouting at me to leave but I did not because I did not do anything wrong and I told them if they continue doing this i will call the police. But the Iraqi would not stop he came back started yelling so loud at me OUT OUT OUT, then he stood on the table he stopped the music and started shouting and telling everyone that i wrote a bad review on stammbar and he put his flashlight on my face, everyone was shocked of what he did and one guy told him to stop, the DJ (who knows me so well) was very upset and asked me to leave because the whole night has been ruined, I told him I did not do anything wrong and he is accusing me of crazy things. I kept calm the whole time then he started threatening me, saying now we know who you are, This is when I picked up the phone to call the police so he left me alone. Everyone saw what he was doing and he started saying to me bad words (( you are sick f*** you etc.... ))) I did not respond. This is the first time in Belgium I felt threatened as a gay man and felt unsafe and in danger.
Today Saturday 04-11-2023 I talked to my lawyer and he will file a lawsuit against stammbar and the Iraqi guy and he advised me to go file a complaint at the police station for the verbal abuse, harassment, threats and false accusations enacted by the Iraqi guy as I felt threatened and feared for my physical safety. I hope the owner reads this and understands what is really going on there. The lawyer also told me even if you wrote a bad review (which I never did) the Iraqi guy has no right whatsoever to do what he did, it is illegal and abusive. And also he told me they must have cameras so everything will show on Cameras as prove and there is also witnesses to what he did.
Please everyone be careful, it is a dangerous place and out of the blue you could face what I faced, this is the first time i write a review as I never did before, but my friends and the lawyer told me that I have to do it to protect myself and make everyone aware.
Sorry to stammbar that i will take legal action but I feel my life is in danger after these threats and abuse and this can not be ignored and pass just like that.
All the bestWritten November 4, 2023
- Thhe Entrance cists 10€ and you get a Jeton in return that's worth 5€ in drinks. The room is dark but cozy, even crowded it's not overwhelming at all. Drag queens and drag kings did a couple performances. They played many french bops. I recommend.Written August 18, 2022
- Went for Halloween. They advertised for free entrance when dressed up but me & friends (dressed up for head to toe) still had to pay entrance. Then wardrobe free. Then bathroom fee!!! This "welcoming" having to spend around 200 euros to exist in the club ruined the atmosphere. The service (ranging from bored to rude) were also not great, a lot of clientele unfriendly and music meh.Written November 2, 2023
We traveld to Bussel last week and went to this sauna. Is the first time that i do a comment about a place, but it was so bad i need to do it!. We travel often and try to test gay places around the world.
Here is my experience:
1. The neigborhoudd of the sauna is bad! ugly
2. No welcoming, no explanation on instalation and facilities! and expensive
3.No music, no ambient nobody was there, the dememence took place on saturday normaly guys go out to the sauna, i thing they chosse the other one i can understand that!
4. The water of the swiming pool was freezing!
5. Dirty sauna.
If you wanna feel bad in a place go over there, once you pay you don't exist! Is the worts sauna i've been in, the ambient is so bad i can't describe it!
Is a shame because that place have everything to have succes!Written July 16, 2015