Showing results 1-30 of 48
What travelers are saying
- Brilliant exhibitions being shown, a great collection of modern and historic art.
We attended one modern are exhibition, and photographic exhibition on the Harlem area scene in the late 80s, and a collection of historic paintings owned by the Medici family of Florence.
Friendly helpful staff and a lovely venueWritten June 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is a must-go if you like to enjoy a good cup o tea, interesting conversations with the owners (who speak French, English, Polish and many other languages :)) and if you are into contemporary art. Every Saturday Happy Day opens its doors for anyone (for free!) to meet a new artist: painter, photographer, sculptor... You can enjoy an exhibition, while sipping delicious tea. Every artist is different, so you can get to know what's popular these days among amateur, as well as professional, artists in the heart of Europe. This place is hidden in the small cozy street which makes it even more authentic and special :)Written February 29, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Since we visited the ‘Patinoire Royale’ for the first time we have been back several times because we just love the place. The Patinoire is a covered roller skating rink dating from 1877. Since then it has been put to different uses and today houses a contemporary art gallery. The building has been beautifully restored. Behind the white neoclassical façade lies a wowing exhibition space. Last time we visited auction house PIASA was presenting work of Belgian sculptor Olivier Strebelle (1927-2017) and design of the second half of the 20th century. A combination that worked very well.Written July 31, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing Art gallery well worth to visit and definitely pieces of high quality! Invest in an original piece of Aboriginal Australian art and surround yourself with beauty. Yes, it will be hard to resist!
I went several times and have always had something new to see. This gallery has regular new exhibitions and presentations. Register your interest on their website.Written April 11, 2017
- Great host. Very clean. Very damp downstairs, but there is a dehumidifier under the stairs. Lots of french fry memorabilia.
The location is great, just a block from the Union tram stop. Only about 10-15 minutes to get to Gare Midi. The neighbourhood is great; residential, safe, and quiet. There are a couple of pizza places and a brasserie or two nearby. Groceries are a block away.
Make sure you show any cab driver the complete address so they can get you there. We had mixed taxi experiences.
Beds are comfortable, there's a fridge and microwave, toaster, coffee maker, hair dryer, dishwasher, clothes washing machine, one and a half bathrooms, nice patio and yard in the back, and the host was great at explaining the logistics of the place. He even had a transit card that he gave us with four or more rides left on it. (Normally €5 just for the card, and €14 for ten rides).
Oh, there's a bathtub AND shower. Two sinks in the downstairs bathroom too.
Oh! The host also had a big bottle of Belgian beer waiting for us in the fridge too! Score!Written May 31, 2018
- A fabulous welcome from Shuo, the owner of the gallery. She takes time to explain and the visit is so interesting with her.Written June 16, 2023
- We booked an appointment with Yseult D at loft Matyse last week. We really enjoyed sharing this moment with the artist in her studio and discovering her inspiring and innovative concept: photographic art to ware!
MatWritten May 4, 2019
- Make sure to check out this place when you're in Brussels, where you'll find original art pieces at affordable prices. The owner will make you dive into the Belgian culture by revealing numerous young talents on the rise. Closed to Grand Place, in one of these charming streets in the surroundingWritten December 8, 2013
- This is one of Saint-Gilles little hidden gem. This art gallery is situated behind a beautiful Art Nouveau building in an Art deco white cube and has a great selection of art work with a new exhibition every month and a half or so. They are presenting all sorts of different art works from painting to sculpture and installation. I love this place and definitely recommend a visit to all the art lovers out there.Written April 25, 2017
- After a first visit alone, we decided to go back there in team with a guide.
This private collection is worth a visit and even better with a guided visit.
Very important contemporary works placed in a wonderful environment.
I enjoyed and will surely return again.Written May 22, 2017
- Great shop, awesome exhibitions.
Lovely cameras and good assortiment of 35mm and 120 film
THE place to go if you love analog photography.Written June 9, 2019